1. What is Keywords Everywhere?Keywords Everywhere is a freemium chrome extension and firefox add-on.
The paid version of Keywords Everywhere has the following features
- See accurate monthly search volume, CPC, and competition for keywords on 15+ websites, including Google, YouTube, Amazon, Bing, Google Search Console, Google Analytics.
- See Related keywords with metrics on Google & Bing, People Also Search For (PASF) keywords on Google, along with volume, CPC, and competition
- Import your keywords to see accurate monthly search volume, CPC, and competition for them.
- Analyze any URL to get the list of keywords in the content of the page, the density of those keywords, along with volume, CPC, and competition
The free version of Keywords Everywhere has the following features
- See Related keywords on Google & Bing, People Also Search For (PASF) keywords on Google (no volume data).
- Analyze any URL to get the list of keywords in the content of the page, the density of those keywords (no volume data)
2. I thought Keywords Everywhere was a free tool.Keywords Everywhere launched in mid-2015 and was free till September 2019 for a little more than four years. On 1st Oct, we made it a freemium tool due to excessive bot activity. We've kept the pricing extremely low so that it does not cost the average user (with all settings enabled), more than $2 a month, while keeps the bots away.
You can also setup Keywords Everywhere for extremely low usage. For example if you only have Google Search enabled (no related & pasf widgets), and do on an average say 100 searches a day, it will cost you only 30 days x 100 = 3000 credits a month i.e. it will cost you only $0.3/mo or $3.6/yr to use Keywords Everywhere.
3. How much does it cost, and how do I pay?You need to purchase credits to see the monthly search volume, CPC, and competition numbers. Every time the extension gets volume data for a single keyword, it uses up one of your credits. Here is an article with more details on how credits work.
4. How do I setup Keywords Everywhere and start using it?(i) First, you need to install the Chrome extension or Firefox add-on
(ii) Once you've installed the extension/add-on, you need to sign up for an API key and set it up.
(iii) Click the "K" icon at the top right of your browser. In the popup that opens, at the bottom, you will find the link to buy credits. Clicking this link will take you to the pricing page where you can choose the package you want to buy. Once the payment goes through, your account will automatically get the credits you've purchased.
Here is a YouTube video that explains the setup process as well as how you can use the tool.
Once everything is set up, do read through this article on how to save credits, so that you can minimize your Keyword Everywere spend to just a few cents every day.