- What does Keywords Everywhere do?
- How do I Install Keywords Everywhere?
- I installed Keywords Everywhere. How do I use it?
- Why do I need to signup for an API Key?
- I entered the API key, but I am unable to see the data. Why?
- How do I know Keywords Everywhere is working?
- Are there any privacy issues I need to know about?
- Can you add in a support that is able to sort data by Search Volume or CPC?
- What do Search Volume, CPC and Competition mean?
- Why does the search volume, CPC and competition data not appear in the CSV if you download results from the website (ie. Ubersuggest)?
- I love Keywords Everywhere. How can I help?
What does Keywords Everywhere do?
Keywords Everywhere is a browser addon that has the following functionality
Get monthly search volume, cost per click and competition data for your list of keywords. You can copy keywords directly from Excel and download them as an Excel, CSV or PDF file. Select any set of words on any website and right click to get the keyword data for the selected words
You are able to view keyword search volume, cost per click and competition data, on many websites like Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools (now called Search Console), Ubersuggest, Majestic and Moz Open Site Explorer.
How do I Install Keywords Everywhere & use it?
1. Once you have installed the browser addon for Chrome/Firefox - Click the KeywordsEverywhere icon ( ) that shows up at the top right of your browser. If you do not see this icon, the addon was not installed correctly. Try to uninstall it and then reinstall it.
2. In the popup that opens up, click the link "Update Settings". This will open the settings page.
3. Enter your API Key in the text box at the top of the page. If you do not have an API key, get one for free from here
4. Go to google.com and search for any common keyword. The metrics will show up under the search box.
5. For other websites like Google Analytics, the keywords are shown inside a table. The browser addon adds new columns in the table for the keyword search volume and cpc.
I installed Keywords Everywhere. How do I use it?
There are two ways to use Keywords Everywhere:.
1. Clicking the KeywordsEverywhere icon ( ) in your task bar opens up a popup where you can choose to bulk upload keywords, and the addon will show you the search volume and cpc for all the keywords
2. The keyword data shows up automatically when you visit any supported website. To test this, simply visit google.com and search for a phrase that has keyword volume - for e.g. search for "keyword". When the results are returned, you will see the keyword metrics right underneath the search box.
Why do I need to signup for an API Key?
Previous versions of Keywords Everywhere did not need an API Key for access to the keyword metrics. Due to this certain individuals sent thousands of automated requests to our servers every second, thereby degrading performance for all users.
By ensuring that each user has their own Free API Key, we can limit such scenarios. By having your own Free API key, Keywords Everywhere will work more reliably for you.
Are there any privacy issues I need to know about?
The browser addon sends your keywords to our server in order to retrieve the keyword metrics we need to show you.
We value privacy highly. Your keyword data is never saved or used for any purposes, other than to show you the keyword metrics. This is because we would feel uncomfortable having a third party monitor our searches and feel that you might have the same concerns.
The browser addon also uses Google Analytics to track usage. This is similar to any website that uses Google Analytics. To opt-out of Google Analytics tracking, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
What do Search Volume, CPC and Competition mean?
Search Volume: This is the average number of times that people have searched for a specific keyword and its close variants every month. This is an average of the total searches for this keyword over the last 12 months.
CPC: The cost per click (CPC) is the amount that advertisers are paying for a single click for this keyword in Google adwords.
Competition: The competition is a gauge of the number of advertisers that are running ads on Google adwords for this specific keyword. The number goes from 0 to 1, with lower values signifying less number of advertisers and higher values signifying more advertisers.
Why does the search volume, CPC and competition data not appear in the CSV if you download results from the website (ie. Ubersuggest)?
We append the data on top of the website. We cannot (technically) change the data in the export file. As an alternative, you could copy the data from there and paste it in our bulk keyword tool